The Literary Residence Programme “Reading Balkans 2018” is a part of the project South and East reaches West – digital platform for promotion of writers in post- conflict societies (iSE2W). The Programme is open to welcome fiction writers, poets, essayists and playwrights from Southeast Europe (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and Slovenia).
The Literary Residency within the Reading Balkans Programme is a cooperation of the Publishing House Goga (SI), Goten Publishing (MKD), Udruženje Krokodil (SRB), Udruga Kurs (CRO), Poeteka (AL), Qendra Multimedia (Kosovo), PEN Centre BIH and other partners. The Reading Balkans project is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
We are paying particular attention to writers who are innovative and who in their works deal with contemporary themes and topics. We will enable the participation of writers of all ages and sexes with a common criterion: that their works reflect topics of reconciliation, the role of culture in (post)conflict societies, and the importance of dialogue to fight nationalism and intolerance.
For the year 2018, the call for applications is launched for 21 authors. Each residency duration will be 4 weeks. All residencies will be arranged between March 1st and July 31th, 2018.
Number of residencies
The fellowship for the writers will include:
- 4-week stay in a fully furnished writers’ apartment
- contribution for travel costs (up to 150 EUR)
- Grant in the amount of 1.000 EUR gross,
- One literary event with the author in the city of the residency
The application consists of:
– a bio-bibliography – a short Curriculum vitae and art life, including the list of the works published,
– a recommendation of the publisher or of Writers or Translators Association
– a synopsis of the project to be undertaken during the four-week stay in residency (max. half page);
– full address, (mobile)phone number and e-mail address)
The application material should be sent in Croatian, Serbian (Latin), Bosnian, Montenegrin, or English
The deadline for the applications is October 25, 2017.
The fellowships will be awarded by the Board of the Reading Balkans Project.
The applicants will be informed about the decision of the jury via e-mail, by November 15, 2017.